- "Now, consider the following: You were admitted to this robot asylum. Therefore, you must be a robot. Diagnosis complete."
- ―Dr. Perceptron to Fry[source]
Dr. Perceptron is the head doctor at the Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots. He was destroyed briefly by Roberto during his escape from the Institute, but was apparently fixed/rebuilt and returned to work for Bender's second stay.
In 3008, Dr. Perceptron was damaged during a group therapy session, but like his encounter with Roberto, was quickly repaired to continue his duties at the Institute.
- A perceptron is a concept in machine learning.
- Dr. Perceptron likes to help patients relax by giving them an electric shock.
- He was seriously damaged three times: