- "Ever get the feeling that you're only going with girls 'cause you're supposed to?"
- ―Enos to Philip J. Fry I[source]
Enos shows signs that he is homosexual. He says "Ever get the feeling that you're only going with girls 'cause you're supposed to?" He also stares at the August portion of a 1947 pin-up calendar, which features a portrait of a shirtless, muscular cowboy, while he ignores the July portion of the calendar, which shows a portrait of a woman in a seductive pose, wearing a revealing outfit.
Enos was born in August 22, 1921, and served as a soldier during the 1940s he later married Mildred Fry, a coffee waitress, in April 1947, he later had a son named Yancy Fry, Sr. on January 4, 1948. Enos was previously the paternal grandfather of Yancy Fry, Jr. and Philip J. Fry I. Enos is the paternal grandfather-in-law of the unnamed wife of Yancy Fry, Jr., Turanga Leela and Jrrr. Enos is the paternal great-grandfather of Philip J. Fry II. Through Leela, Enos is the step-great-grandfather of Kif Kroker's Offspring (Amy's adoptive children).
It is assumed that Mildred took Enos's surname Fry following his death in a nuclear explosion. His body was vaporized ensuring that, in Fry's words, he "wouldn't come back as a zombie". Prior to traveling back in time, Philip I believed that Enos was his grandfather and he was originally. After Enos died, Philip I slept with his grandmother, thereby making him his own grandfather.
- It is possible that Enos was never Yancy Sr.’s father. Mildred might have lied to make her son proud of his father since a private would be a better role model for him than a guy she barely knew. This is further evidenced by Enos's apparent homosexuality, the fact that Fry replacing Enos as his grandfather did not affect the future at all, and that Nibbler would not have had any reason to send Fry to the future in a timeline in which Fry was not his own grandfather.
- Although he was originally the father of Yancy Fry Sr., he bears a strong resemblance to Mrs. Fry.
- Due to Philip I and Leela's marriage in "Meanwhile", Enos Fry is the in-law family member to the Turanga family (alongside with his fiancee, Mildred Fry; his son, Yancy Fry, Sr.; his daughter-in-law, Mrs. Fry; his older paternal grandson, Yancy Fry, Jr.; his paternal granddaughter-in-law#1, Unnamed wife of Yancy Fry, Jr.; his paternal-paternal great-grandson, Philip J. Fry II and his in-law family, Mr. and Mrs. Gleisner).
- Mrs. Fry is Enos and Mildred's daughter-in-law after their son's marriage to her.
- If Enos and Mildred were supposed to be married, then they could've had Yancy Fry, Sr. after their engagement.
- Moreover, Enos himself is hinted that he might have been gay; he asked Fry that if you're only going with girls 'cause you're supposed to and seemed interested in a shirtless cowboy on a calendar.