- Fry's training contains many references to the Police Academy films.
- Fry and URL's light cycle chase sequence is a reference to the film Tron.
- The early half of the episode is an obvious reference to the early half of "Space Pilot 3000".
- The subject of their chase is named after Erwin Schrödinger and the box in his car references his famous thought experiment Schrödinger's cat.
- Pickles, and the Future Crimes Division is based on the film Minority Report.
- The title is parodied off of Law and Order.
- In the episode "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back", Fry is given the position of executive delivery boy by Morgan Proctor, but she later fires him and he needs to ask the Professor to re-hire him as regular delivery boy.
- Sound Effects 5000's partner, Gretzky, is a reference to Wayne Gretzky, a Canadian former professional ice hockey player and former head coach.
- The high scores on the Delivery Command game are: BBR: 65535 - NIB: 40565 - HJF: 00254
- 65535 the upper limit of an unsigned integer, consequently the maximum score in many games. The joke being that Bender had reached the highest score.
- In the cryogenic lab, the silhouette of one person in a cryogenic pod has a cigarette.
- A couple listed as being "wanted" at the police station is also seen walking in front of the police station obliviously.
- After Fry says he got fired for tipping off Bender, Bender's middle finger is clearly raised unblurred.
- The gloves used in the future crimes division are Nintendo Power Gloves.
- The way the people in the Future Crimes Division can change the focus and expand the view and angle of the videos is an allusion to unrealistic camra refocusing in Crime TV shows like CSI.
After Fry loses the video game, the screen has an FBI warning that says "Winners don't play video games".