- "I need to stab someone! Where's my stabbing knife?!"
Roberto (b. 3001) is a recurring character in Futurama. He is a mentally unstable robot who enjoys stabbing people and objects, as well as robbing banks. He is regarded as being mentally unstable and has been seen in the Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots multiple times, threatening both patients and doctors with knives, as well as escaping at least once. His insanity had been cured momentarily in Bender's Game, but suffered a concussion and returned to his previous madness seconds later.
It's unknown why he is always being rebuilt after every time he's destroyed.
Roberto's history is largely unknown, however, in Bender's Game he reveals he was built by some engineers who wanted to make an insane robot. He says they failed, but from everyone else's view, it was a major success. He later however comes to terms with the fact he's crazy. In "The Six Million Dollar Mon", it's revealed on his gravestone that he was built in 3001. During "Insane in the Mainframe", he mentions that his mother used to weld him to the wall as a form of punishment, a possible contributing factor for his insane behavior. He also can be seen lining up at a sperm bank at one point, likely to rob it.
In "The Six Million Dollar Mon", Roberto was executed by an electric magnet after his latest attack on Hermes and LaBarbara, attempting to rob them of their skin. After his death, Hermes replaced all his body parts with robotic implants. To become a complete robot, he, Professor Farnsworth, and Bender unknowingly dug up Roberto's grave for a robot brain. Hermes' brain was ultimately placed back in his Human body while Roberto's brain was placed in Hermes' robot body, becoming Roberto V2.0. Roberto peeled a piece of Hermes' skin and ate it but melted due to the spiciness of the skin (from years of eating Labarbara's spicy cooking).
- "The first time was just to case the joint and rob it a little."
- ―Roberto, explaining why he attempted to rob the same bank twice
- "Well, well, looks like old Roberto's the focus of attention now. STOP LOOKING AT ME! Ha ha ha ha ha HA!"
- "What the... You're not made of Tuesday!"
- "You calling me craaaaazz-y? Ha-HA!"
- "I'm thinking of a number between one and ten. Guess it, and you die first!"
"Er, fifty-six... ish."
"Fifty-six? Fifty-six?! Now that's all I can think about! I'm gonna kill you, you no good fifty-sixin'!"
- ―Roberto questioning Bender
- "Just because I have a hotel in my foot doesn't make me a boogily-moogily-moogily!"
- ―King Roberto during Bender's Game
- "...and the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs!"
- ―Roberto, threatening Fry so he doesn't testify against him
- "Hey, Bender. You ever kill a man with a sock? It ain't so hard. Hi-yah!"
- ―Roberto while swinging a sock at a cowering Bender
- "Stop laughing at me flying avocado! Haaaa-hya!"
- ―King Roberto trying to attack Bender
- "What is that? Mustard gas? That ain't legal, ain't you heard of no Geneva convention?"
- ―Roberto after smelling Zoidberg's horrid stench
- "I'm not crazy, don't call me crazy! I'm just not user friendly!""
- ―Roberto after being called crazy
- "Mother's Day"
- "Insane in the Mainframe"
- "Crimes of the Hot"
- "Obsoletely Fabulous"
- "Proposition Infinity"
- "The Mutants Are Revolting"
- "Law and Oracle"
- "Reincarnation" (cameo)
- "The Six Million Dollar Mon" (death)
- "Stench and Stenchability" (rebuilt)